Shape and decorate your meringue to look like mini snowmen. Delicious!
What you need:
3 egg whites
175g caster sugar
Writing icing so you can draw on the eyes and mouth
Liqourice laces for the scarf
What you do:
1. Wash your hands.
2. Set the oven to 140C/275F/gas mark 1.
3. Put your egg whites into a clean bowl. It is very important that there is no yolk in with the whites.
4. Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until they are stiff.
5. Now add your sugar a tablespoon at a time, beating the sugar in well each time.
6. You will know your meringue is ready if no mixture falls out when you hold the bowl upside down.
WARNING: Don’t hold the bowl over your mam’s head!
7. Put some greaseproof paper onto a baking tray and then use a piping bag to shape the meringue into a snowman shape. If you don’t have a piping bag just use a spoon to make one small dollop and one larger one.
Make sure you leave plenty of space between your snowmen as they may spread when cooking.
8. Cook your snowmen for about 30-40 minutes. (Bigger snowmen will take longer than small ones.) Your snowmen will be ready when the meringue has gone pale, and is hard and dry.
9. Decorate your snowmen and enjoy eating them with your family.