The sweets melt in these tasty biscuits to look like shiny baubles. They look and taste great!
What you need:
250g butter (at room temperature)
150g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1tbsp mixed spice
300g plain flour
1 boiled sweet for each biscuit you make
1 large and 1 small cookie cutter
What you do:
1. Wash your hands.
2. Carefully weigh out all of your ingredients.
3. Put the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon to cream them together.
4. Add the egg yolk and 1tbsp of mixed spice to the butter and sugar. Use your spoon to beat everything together.
5. Now sieve in your flour and mix all of your ingredients together until you can’t see any more flour. This is a good excuse to get your hands in the bowl and squash everything together!
6. Once your dough is ready wrap it in some cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
7. After half an hour, set the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4. Take your biscuit dough out of the fridge.
8. Roll out the dough and use a large circle cookie cutter to shape your biscuits.
9. Now get a smaller cookie cutter to cut a shape out of the middle of your biscuit.
10. Carefully put your biscuit shapes onto a baking tray that you have lined with greaseproof paper.
11. Put a boiled sweet into the middle of each biscuit.
12. Make a hole in the top of each biscuit with a metal skewer or the prong of a fork.
13. Put your biscuits into the oven for 10-12 minutes. Your sweet should melt and spread to fill the shape you cut out of the middle of each biscuit.
14. Once your biscuits are set you can thread a piece of ribbon through the hole and hang on your Christmas tree … or you can just eat them!